This is "now what": well over 90% of all those attending rehab relapse within a fairly short period of time. What about the 30-day stints at $65,000 each? Their results are even wore. Think about it: you wouldn't be reading these words if that approach had been effective for you. For our clients in Chicago, success comes with engagement of a Sober Coach for intense follow-up.
Think about it: you leave home, stay in a controlled environment for a brief period, then you return home. The home has not changed since you've been gone; family has not changed; work has not changed; the circle of friends and others demanding your time haven't changed. Returning home from rehab, you find all the same stressors, triggers, and temptations.
Residential treatment - commonly known as "rehab" - is an investment. It can be an expensive investment. No sane business manager assumes any investment will "take care of itself".
A Chicago Sober Coach or Sober Companion protects your investment in treatment. Rehab is costly not only in dollars, but in time, energy, spirit, and the emotional duress placed on family members.
Most alcohol and drug users relapse shortly after rehab because they have not found truly effective support when they transition back home.
A Sober Companion supports you as you return to living in the real world.
- We help you communicate with your family, friends, and business associates.
- We travel with you, adroitly attending to your needs as they arise.
- We attend functions with you anonymously, if required. We can wear whatever hat suits the occaision.
- We communicate your needs and concerns in healthy ways - modeling this behavior so you begin doing the same.
- We introduce you - in ways you cannot do for yourself - to the indigenous recovering community in your part of Chicago.
We bring treatment home, we bring treatment on the road, we bring treatment to work, and any other place it's needed.
A final note: some refer to a Chicago Sober Coach or Sober Companion as a babysitter - but addiction is a killer. If you need a babysitter, we suggest hiring a nanny or contacting another provider. If you are ready to take the next step in securing your future and protecting your investment in yourself, then consider hiring a professional, discreet, educated and canny Sober Companion.